How do I ignore certain users in my campaigns?
Recapture allows you to avoid triggering certain actions and campaigns on your site by blocking users in one of three ways:
- By email address
- By IP address
- By browser signature
To enable campaign blocking, do the following:
1) Click on the name of your store menu on the far right side and find "Account Settings", click on it:
2) Scroll toward the bottom of the screen until you find "Ignore Customers".
Here you can click the pencil icon on the upper right to edit the IP addresses or emails that Recapture should ignore when it finds on your website. This is useful to exclude certain administrators, developers or marketing directors who frequently visit your site, or may want to test the campaigns but not skew the results.
Example: Excluding all carts from a specific email domain
You can exclude carts that have an email address that matches a certain domain. This is useful when you want to avoid capturing your OWN email domain for testing, or to exclude some bad actor you know always visits your sites.
To do this, you'll need to do the following:
- First, click the Edit icon (green pencil) in the upper left.
- Click the "Add" button:
- Next, click the dropdown that says "Email" and select "Regex":
- For a full domain exclusion, enter the domain like this:
.*@domain.com$where "domain.com" is the domain you want
- Continue to click Add and repeat these steps for all additional domains you want excluded
- Click on the Save button
Carts created from that time forward will be automatically removed from the Live Cart Feed and will also never be sent emails from Recapture.
You can also assign the browser signature by clicking "Inactive" which will then add a cookie to your current browser session and ignore your visits until that cookie is cleared.