How does Recapture work?
Recapture has several capabilities that you can use:
- Recapture can monitor your site for abandoned carts (Abandoned Cart Recovery)
- Recapture can remind your customers after a purchase is made to come back and review it (Review Reminders)
- Recapture can send emails to previous customers who haven't been back to your store in a long time to come back and buy something else (Winbacks)
- Recapture can collect emails via popups that are triggered by various things your customers do: visit product pages, visit a certain number of times, wait until a timer expires, etc. (Email Collectors)
The primary thing most stores want from Recapture is Abandoned Cart Recovery.
Recapture's Abandoned Cart Recovery--How does it work?
Recapture is really, really good at recovering lost revenue from abandoned carts. How exactly we do it is a bit of a secret, but the basic steps go like this:
- Customers visit your store
- Recapture's installed library keeps track of what they are doing and if they enter an email ANYWHERE on your site.
- Doesn't have to be on checkout, but we definitely grab it there. The email could be from an email popup, could be something that ANOTHER app is posting--doesn't matter. Recapture can detect emails almost anywhere in your store and hold on to them
- When the customer adds an item to the their cart, we associate the email to their cart and send that to Recapture for safe keeping
- As the cart is considered "abandoned", we then trigger the timer to start your active abandoned cart campaigns
- We send emails to your customer reminding them to come back
- Your customers see the emails. They may visit your site directly, or click the links in your cart and return to your store
- Your customers buy the products they abandoned (more than they would have without us)
There's a fair amount of details in there to make it all work, but that's the high level version on how Recapture does abandoned cart recovery